Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's Arrested Development

Here's a new set of portraits I did of everyone's favorite TV family...the Bluths! This project has been in the works for a long time now. After a hiatus in which I took on quite a bit of storyboard work as well as moved out of my apartment, I finally managed to sit down and finish all 9 portraits.
Before the fourth season (which was okay) aired, I re-watched the first three seasons. I think this is the third or fourth time I've watched those seasons through. It's just complete and utter comedy gold. So when I came up with a Brady Bunch-esque arrangement of the Bluth family, I decided to depict them in their heyday before the fourth season. In this big family portrait, we've got:

George Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor) with his prisonmade yarmulke
Lucille (Jessica Walter) with her martini and not-so-subtle wink
Buster (Tony Hale)
Gob (Will Arnett) presumably in the midst of dancing to "The Final Countdown"
Michael (Jason Bateman)
Lindsay (Portia de Rossi)
Maeby (Alia Shawkat)
George Michael (Michael Cera) who is admiring Maeby
And last but not least, Tobias (David Cross) who just blue himself.


I had fun trying to use a limited color palette. I felt like it helped tie them all together.
The piece is now for sale at my Society6 Shop at http://society6.com/cameronklewis/Its-Arrested-Development-vP2_Print
It's available as a print from 8x8" all the way up to 28x28" It can also be purchased as a framed print as well as a stretched canvas print.

I've also recently uploaded some older work to the store. The pieces "Crash Landing" "Good Ol' Fashioned Revenge Story" "Space Oddity" and "Spectator's Sport" are now available as prints,
Check them all out at http://society6.com/cameronklewis


--CKL--

No comments:

Post a Comment