Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Cave


Here's my poster for film six of the Harry Potter franchise, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince! The sixth book is probably my favorite of the series and I feel the film, directed by David Yates, does an admirable job adapting it. Naturally, a lot has to be left by the wayside in order to make it a digestible film. While there are parts of the book that are sadly missing and changed, I think that the streamlining of the plot to focus primarily on Harry was for the most part very smart.
At the top of the poster, we see the cave where Harry and Dumbledore go to seek out a Horcrux that contains a part of Voldemort's soul. Swarming them from both sides are the Inferi, which are dead bodies that have been reanimated by a dark wizard to do their bidding.

Detail - Inferi
Well that's five down and three to go on this series! I'm very excited to do both posters for the two Deathly Hallows films. Or I at least feel that way based on my sketches. We'll see if I feel differently once it comes time to do the finished versions.


 --CKL--

No comments:

Post a Comment