Monday, January 14, 2013

Mischief Managed


Hey, it's another poster for fun!
Over the holidays, I was given the Harry Potter Blu-Ray boxset by my girlfriend's parents (I also recently brought all of my Harry Potter books back from MI so I'll be re-reading that whole series as well) We promptly began marathon-ing through the movies. In watching them all, I realized just how significant of a leap in maturity and depth the franchise took when Alfonso Cuaron took on the third movie, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's really an astounding change and I think that it nailed the darker turn the books were taking. Plus, it's just a great movie start to finish, from the performances to the production design to the cinematography and the music.
I may have done a Harry Potter illustration before (which has a ridiculous number of views for some reason) in anticipation of the Deathly Hallows Part 1, as well as just a quick drawing of the good ol' Boy Who Lived, but I think I like this one the most. Castles, dogs, and hippogriffs? Good fun.

Harry - Detail

The Grim - Detail

Buckbeak - Detail

--CKL--

5 comments:

  1. Love the backlit Harry and the atmospheric depth with Hogwarts, the mountains, and the sky. Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have this available as a full size poster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so very, very much everyone!
    It's actually now available for sale as a print here - http://society6.com/cameronklewis/Harry-Potter--the-Prisoner-of-Azkaban_Print

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cameron, are your Harry Potter prints available to purchase? I can't see them on Society6 any more

    Thanks

    Dan

    ReplyDelete